RGS Logistics LLC Terms & Condition
Thank you for choosing RGS Logistics LLC ("RGS LOGISTICS") for your vehicle’s transport. By using our services, you and the person or entity you represent accept all of the terms and conditions of service (“TERMS”) stated herein. In the event of a conflict between these TERMS and those in any other document, including a motor carrier bill of lading, tariff or service guide, or any other documents, these TERMS will supersede and control as between you and RGS Logistics. These TERMS cannot be modified by anyone except for RGS Logistics.
Children should not use this website. You may only use the Service if your parent or legal guardian gives you permission if you are a minor (under the age of 18). Please refrain from providing personal information to this website if you are under the age of 18. Underage users are not permitted to use this website or its services in any way. Children under the age of 13 should not use this website.
Please read Section 12. Arbitration carefully which requires arbitration to first resolve any claim that you may have against RGS Logistics.
- “Additional Services”means upgrades and additional services ordered by the Customer such as vehicle top-loading, guaranteed pick up date, covered transport, additional personal belongings, etc.
- “Bill of Lading”means a document provided by the Carrier to the Customer at delivery documenting the details of the Shipment and its condition, Point of Origin, Destination and other details regarding the Order. Bill of Lading can serve as a receipt or a contract between the Carrier and Customer.
- “Carrier”means a motor carrier of property, as defined at 49 U.S.C. §13102(14), duly licensed by State and/or Federal Department of Transportation, or a carrier of goods by sea pursuant to 46 U.S.C. § 30701.
- “Carrier Form” means a receipt, inspection report, Bill of Lading, shipping order or similar document provided by the Carrier at Point of Origin and/or Destination.
- “C.O.D.” means collect on delivery or payment on delivery.
- “Customer” means the individual, company or other entity, including its agents and representatives, ordering the transportation of Shipment.
- “Customer’s Agent” means an individual over the age of 18 designated by Customer to act on Customer’s behalf or as an agent.
- “Destination” means the Shipment drop off location designated by the Customer or as later modified by mutual agreement between RGS Logistics and Customer prior to delivery.
- “Inoperable” means a state or condition in which a Shipment cannot function or be driven for any reason including but not limited to its parts having been removed, altered, damaged or deteriorated such parts including but not limited to engine, transmission, wheels, steering mechanism, brakes, tires, etc.
- “RGS Logistics” means RGS Logistics LLC, its affiliates and subsidiaries. RGS Logistics is a transportation broker as defined at 49 U.S.C. § 13102(2), arranging for the transportation of freight through third party Carriers and is duly licensed by the Department of Transportation (DOT), and is registered with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) under Docket No. MC-1442418 and/or other government agencies as may be required by law. RGS Logistics is not a Carrier.
- “Order” means Customer’s request for RGS Logistics to arrange for the transportation of Customer’s Shipment.
- “Order Confirmation” means any written confirmation from RGS Logistics to the Customer confirming the Customer’s Order and other details including but not limited to description of Shipment, Point of Origin, Destination, dates and quoted rate.
- “Point of Origin” means the Shipment pick up location designated by Customer or as later modified by mutual agreement between RGS Logistics and Customer prior to transport.
- “Shipment” means the Customer’s property — an automobile or motorized vehicle — arranged for transportation in accordance with these TERMS.
- Upon Customer’s request, RGS Logistics will arrange for the transportation of Customer’s Shipment by Carriers subject to these TERMS. RGS Logistics reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse or cancel any Order at any time.
- RGS Logistics services are deemed completed when a Carrier has accepted Customer’s Order.
- Customer understands and accepts that RGS Logistics (i) operates only as a transportation broker, (ii) is not a motor carrier or transporter, and (iii) does not hold itself out as providing the transportation of property.
- Customer expressly understands and agrees that RGS Logistics never takes custody or possession of, transports, or handles Customer’s Shipment, or assumes any liability for the Shipment.
- All ocean transportation arranged by RGS Logistics will also be subject to the terms and conditions of the ocean Carrier’s bill of lading, tariff, schedules, rates and rules. Ocean Carriers offer limited liability coverage for loss or damage, and Customer must inquire with the ocean Carrier about purchasing additional insurance.
- RGS Logistics shall provide Customer with an estimated pickup and estimated delivery date, however, delays may occur prior to, and/or during transport due to weather or road conditions, government regulations, mechanical problems, and other causes that are beyond RGS Logistics control.RGS Logistics and Auto Transport cannot and does not guarantee delivery dates or times.Customer understand and accepts that RGS Logistics is not - responsible or liable for any losses or expenses caused by delays of any kind or for any reason.
3. Customer’s Responsibilities
- Accuracy of Information. Customer understands and accepts that only Customer is responsible to ensure the accuracy of all of the details including the description of the Shipment (year, make, model, body style, trim, etc.), Point of Origin, Destination, fees, and special instructions in the Order Confirmation, and as applicable, on the Carrier’s Form, Bill of Lading, or other required documents. Any changes or corrections to the Shipment description or any other changes to an Order may result in additional fees or cancellation of the Order. Customer waives all claims against RGS Logistics for any additional charges or cancellation if the Shipment does not match the Shipment listed in the Order Confirmation.
- Shipment size and condition. Customer must inform RGS Logistics about the Shipment’s size and condition at the time of booking and prior to the pick up date. Customer understands and accepts that if the Shipment is or becomes inoperable during the transit, or if the Shipment (i) is modified from the original equipment manufacturer (“OEM”) condition with features including but not limited to aftermarket spoilers, lowered chassis, height modifications, etc., (ii) is oversized due to but not limited to dual or oversized wheels, extra-large tires, racks, lifted chassis (iii) is a large vehicle such as a limousine or a hearse, then the Carrier may charge additional fees to transport such Shipment or refuse to transport the Shipment altogether.
- Preparing Shipment. Customer understands and accepts that Customer is responsible for preparing the Shipment for transportation. Customer must either secure or remove all loose parts, fragile accessories, low hanging spoilers, etc. prior to shipment. Customer must remove all non-permanent, outside mounted luggage and other racks prior to shipment. Shipment must be tendered to Carrier in operable condition with no more than a quarter tank of fuel. Customer understands and accepts that Customer is responsible for any damages, losses and claims to the Shipment, other vehicles and/or persons which are caused by any part of the Shipment that becomes loose or detached during the transport.
- Alarm. Customer must disarm any alarm system installed in the Shipment or provide clear instructions for disengaging it to the Carrier. In the event such alarm is activated during the transit, and there are no keys or instructions to turn it off, Carrier may be forced to silence alarm by any reasonable means available and without recourse by Customer.
- Personal Property. Customer may leave one suitcase OR one bag carrying personal property which shall not exceed one hundred pounds (100 lbs.) and must be confined to the trunk or storage area of the Shipment. Customer must notify RGS Logistics and Carrier of such personal property in the Shipment at the Point of Origin prior to loading of the Shipment. Customer understands and accepts that the Carrier has the right to reject any personal property in the Shipment if transporting such personal property is unsafe or violates the law. Customer is advised not to leave any negotiable instruments, legal papers, jewelry, furs, money, cash or currency, antiques, or any valuable articles in the Shipment. Customer understands and accepts that the Carrier and RGS Logistics are not liable for personal items of any kind and value left in the Shipment, or for damage to Shipment caused by excessive or improper loading of personal items. If Customer puts personal property in the Shipment, Customer does so at Customer’s own risk.
- Prohibited Items. Customer understands and accepts that Customer is expressly prohibited from loading any explosives, guns, ammunition, weapons, flammable products, live pets, live plants, any contraband, drugs or narcotics, alcoholic beverages, and or any illegal goods in the Shipment. Customer understands and accepts that upon discovery, such prohibited items and/or the Shipment may be confiscated or disposed of by law enforcement, or the Carrier and the Order may be cancelled in entirety without any remuneration or compensation to Customer and Customer will be solely responsible for any fees, fines, damages, or other liabilities arising from a violation of this Section.
- Shipment by sea. Customer understands and accepts that no personal property of any nature or value and no illegal goods will be allowed in the Shipment for transportation by sea and Customer will ensure that the Shipment is completely empty except for OEM or factory installed equipment. Customer is responsible for furnishing all required documents and paperwork required by U.S. and international customs. Customer must share the vehicle identification number (VIN) and its approximate value in U.S. dollars at the time of placing the Order. If the Point of Origin or Destination is a shipping port, then Customer agrees to pay any associated additional fees.
4. Customer Warranties
Customer warrants that Customer will comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations including but not limited to customs laws, import and export laws and governmental regulation of any country to, from, through or over which the Shipment may be carried. Customer agrees to furnish such information and documents as are necessary to comply with applicable laws, rules and regulations. RGS Logistics assumes no liability to Customer or to any other person for any loss or expense due to Customer’s failure to comply with this provision. Any Customer’s Agent and/or entity acting on behalf of Customer also warrants that it has the right to act on behalf of Customer and the right to legally bind Customer.
5. Pickup and Delivery of Shipment
- Customer understands and accepts that a change to Point of Origin and/or Destination may be necessary due to municipal zoning restrictions, road conditions, road closures, low hanging trees, low hanging wires, narrow streets, residential area restrictions, etc.
- If the Carrier is unable to access the Point of Origin or Destination, Customer agrees to meet the Carrier at an alternate location in order for the Carrier to safely pick up or drop off the Shipment.
- Customer must be present at the Point of Origin and Destination for the pickup and/or delivery of a Shipment, or Customer must designate a Customer’s Agent if Customer is unavailable for any reason.
- At the time of pickup at the Point of Origin, Customer or Customer’s Agent agrees to 1) carefully inspect the Shipment with the Carrier for pre-existing damage, and 2) acknowledge the condition of the Shipment by a) noting any pre-existing damage on the Carrier Form or Bill of Lading, b) signing the Carrier Form or Bill of Lading, and c) requesting a copy of same from the Carrier. Customer or Customer’s Agent is also urged to photograph the Shipment from all angles at the Point of Origin.
- At the time of delivery at Destination, Customer or Customer Agent agrees to carefully inspect the Shipment in the presence of the Carrier for possible transit damage and clearly notate any new damage as exception on the Bill of Lading. Customer or Customer’s Agent agrees to sign and require a final copy of the Bill of Lading signed by the Carrier to serve as a final Shipment condition report, especially in case of a dispute with the Carrier. Again, Customer or Customer’s Agent is urged to photograph the Shipment from all angles prior to signing the Bill of Lading.
- Customer understands and accepts that Customer’s or Customer Agent’s signing of the Carrier’s Form or Bill of Lading at Destination without any notation of any damage regardless of the lighting or weather conditions at the time of inspection, will serve as confirmation that Customer received the Shipment at destination in satisfactory condition and that RGS Logistics and the Carrier will have no further responsibility.
6. Carrier Responsibilities
- Carrier shall (i) pick up and deliver Customer’s Shipment as close to Customer’s door or Customer’s designated Point of Origin and Destination as legally and safely possible, and (ii) transport the Shipment in a commercially reasonable manner.
- Carrier may issue a Carrier Form, receipt or Bill of Lading at the Point of Origin and/or Destination. Customer or Customer’s Agent agrees to read such Carrier Form carefully as it may constitute a contract of transportation as between Customer and Carrier, and Customer will contact Carrier directly with any disputes or questions regarding such documents.
- Customer understands and agrees that Customer may also be subject to the Carrier’s terms and conditions of service, tariffs, rules or classification, copies of which must be requested by the Customer directly from the Carrier.
7. Fees and Payment
- Customer agrees to pay all amounts due in full for each Order and any Additional Services as per the terms of the Order Confirmation and these TERMS without any offsets, chargebacks or reductions by Customer for any actual, pending or unfiled claims, losses, delays, or damages. Payment for RGS Logistics services is due when a Carrier accepts an Order as RGS Logistics services have been rendered at that point.
- All payments for the balance due to Carrier for C.O.D. must be made on or before the delivery of Shipment in the form of cash, certified funds, cashier’s check or money order made payable to the Carrier. Customer WILL NOT use personal checks, debit or credit card when making payments to the Carrier.
- Any outstanding invoices for RGS Logistics services shall accrue an interest rate of one and a half percent (1.5%) per month and Customer shall be liable to RGS Logistics for all expenses incurred by RGS Logistics, plus reasonable attorney’s fees, to collect any outstanding charges.
- If Shipment is placed in storage due to Customer’s refusal to pay the fees or accept delivery from the Carrier for any reason, then the Shipment may be placed in storage at Customer’s expense and subject to Carrier’s lien for transportation charges until Customer pays in full the outstanding balance. Any and all storage and redelivery charges will be the responsibility of Customer and Customer agrees that Customer will not look to RGS Logistics for reimbursement.
8. Cancellation and Refund Policy
- Customer may cancel an Order at any time at no cost or cancellation fees as long as the Order has not yet been accepted by a Carrier. If the Order is canceled for any reason after a Carrier accepts the Order, such reasons including but not limited to Customer canceling an Order, RGS Logistics canceling an Order due to the Customer’s breach of these TERMS or if the Carrier is denied pick up of the Shipment for any reason when the Carrier arrives at the Point of Origin, then the Customer agrees to pay a minimum of one hundred and ninety nine dollars ($99.00) in cancellation fees as RGS Logistics services have been rendered at that point. Customer understands and accepts that the Customer may be subject to additional cancellation fees including but not limited to a dry run fee imposed by a Carrier and other vendors contracted to fulfill Customer’s Order.
- Customer is entitled to a refund for only the unfulfilled portion of the services. If Additional Services were paid for but not rendered for any reason and the Shipment was delivered, the sole remedy for the Customer shall be a refund for the unfulfilled portion of the Additional Services fees.
- Cancellation of an Order by Customer must be submitted in writing via email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellations made via telephone, text, chat or any other medium will not be accepted by RGS Logistics & Auto Transport.
9. Loss, Damage or Delay Claims
- RGS Logistics is a property transportation broker, therefore, is not and will not be liable for any cargo loss and damage claims for any reason.
- If Customer has a claim for loss or damage to a Shipment, then Customer understands and agrees that the party liable for all such claims is the Carrier and not RGS Logistics, and it is Customer’s responsibility to file any claim directly with the Carrier who transported the Shipment.
- If Customer decides to file a claim against the Carrier, Customer must promptly report such claim to RGS Logistics, but in no event later than 48 hours of the delivery, so RGS Logistics may provide the Customer with relevant documents regarding the Carrier in a commercially reasonable manner.
- Customer is hereby informed and understands that claims against motor Carriers are governed by federal law, the Carmack Amendment to the ICC Termination Act of 1995, 49 U.S.C. §14706, and claims against ocean Carriers are typically governed by the Carriage of Goods by Sea Act, 46 U.S.C. §30701. Customer is urged to seek independent legal advice (at Customer’s sole expense) on these laws in the event of a claim.
- Customer understands and agrees that RGS Logistics and Carrier are not liable for any cargo loss or damage caused by any acts or omissions that are out of RGS Logistics or Carrier’s control including but not limited to damage caused by weather conditions including hail, storm or other acts of God, riots, strikes, political unrest, acts of terrorism, loose, worn, or broken parts of a Shipment, personal items in the Shipment.
Customer agrees to indemnify, defend and hold RGS Logistics and their employees, officers and directors harmless from and against any and all losses, liabilities, damages, payments, settlements, judgments, penalties, fines, expenses, (including attorneys' fees), and costs, suits, actions and claims (whether actual, potential, threatened or pending), brought by any person or entity, including damages for injury or death of persons and/or damage to property, including real property and/or the environment, claim liability and damages, arising from the acts or omissions of Customer, its agents, employees or representatives.
11. Limitation of Liability
- The total cumulative liability of RGS Logistics for any and all claims and damages, whether arising from statute, contract, tort or otherwise, shall not under any circumstances exceed the total fees paid by Customer to RGS Logistics for RGS Logistic’s services under the respective Order Confirmation.
- EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED HEREIN, RGS Logistics MAKES NO WARRANTIES FOR ANY OF ITS SERVICES AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON- INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE OR TRADE PRACTICE.
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL RGS Logistics BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL (INCLUDING DAMAGES FROM LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOST PROFITS, LITIGATION, OR THE LIKE), SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR OTHER DAMAGES, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATING TO A SHIPMENT OR THESE TERMS, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
In the unlikely event RGS Logistics is unable to resolve a Customer dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or relating to these TERMS, an Order, RGS Logistics’s services, or any other Customer engagement with RGS Logistics ("Dispute") including Disputes that accrued before Customer accepted these TERMS, then Customer agrees to resolve all such Disputes through mandatory arbitration. The arbitration will be administered by the American Arbitration Association ("AAA") in accordance with the AAA’s Consumer Arbitration Rules and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes.
- These TERMS and the parties’ agreement hereunder shall be construed in accordance with Title 49, United States Code and the laws of the State of Illinois.
- RGS Logistics shall be an independent contractor with respect to Customer, and nothing herein contained shall be construed to be inconsistent with such relationship or status.
- Except as expressly set forth in these TERMS, Customer may not assign any rights hereunder without RGS Logistics prior written consent. These TERMS are binding on and inure to the benefit of the parties and their respective successors and assigns.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these TERMS shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provisions herein.
- These TERMS supersede all prior written or oral representations and constitute the entire agreement between Customer and RGS Logistics and may not be changed by anyone except for RGS Logistics. Customer warrants that Customer has read these TERMS in their entirety and by continuing with the transaction, fully understands and agrees to them.
- Customer waives any claims or defenses based in whole or in part on Customer not having read, not knowing, or not understanding these TERMS.